Co-op students in this role perform a variety of technical support duties including, but not limited to the following: phone support and computer support for issues and/or questions being reported to the Help Desk. The ideal candidate would be one who excels in a highly stressful environment, working within tight deadlines and demanding users, and doing so with impeccable customer service skills. The candidate will be required to work effectively within a tight-knit team structure.
- Provide phone support for various software products within INPO.
- Provide phone support and hands-on repair for PCs and peripherals.
- Perform technical analysis and troubleshoot PC-based errors.
- Resolve application and user support issues.
- Work with other IT personnel to resolve system and network issues.
- Maintain documentation of installation procedures for products.
- Implement a variety of user services as directed by supervisor (i.e. repairs, moves, etc.)
- Provide telephone direction and support on operational and maintenance aspects of equipment.
- Maintain, configure, setup and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, and printers.
- Provide first and some second level support for all hardware and software related issues.
- Interact with support/supply vendors in all aspects of desktop computer operations.
- Perform other departmental duties as required.
During the semester, technical support co-ops rotate between two of the following help desk positions:
- Service Desk Coordinator
- Responsible for answering and distributing calls to the rest of the team.
- Peer Coordinator
- Responsible for loading and preparing laptops for INPO peer teams that go out on nuclear plant evaluations.
- Lab Coordinator
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and repairing computers for our customers.
- Team Lead
- Given to one senior co-op on the team. This person is responsible for always informing your team of news flashes or updated procedures, keeping the morale positive, and making sure each member is fulfilling their own responsibilities.
- Ability to think independently.
- Ability to express one’s self effectively
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout INPO and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
- Outstanding customer service skills and attitude.
- Initiative for troubleshooting.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of Windows Vista and MS Office 2007 products.
- Willingness and initiative to learn all aspects of 3rd party and INPO’s developed products.
- Hands-on experience in assembly and repair of personal computers and laser printers
- Able to lift 50 pounds.